Sunday, May 4, 2008

I’m terribly disappointed in any situations or circumstances when adults think lowly of youths and teenagers.

Before I perpetuate my thoughts, I would like to make this clear that youths and teenagers also do have priority in speech and thinking. It doesn’t mean that adults should only speak about their views and think that they are self-worthy in other people judgment.

I’m just an ordinary teenager, just like any other teenagers in Singapore. I do things, which mostly teenagers do, and I like to observe people. I also know that I have great potential being a psychologist because I know people thoughts, feelings, and other things, which I could not explain to you in words.

People treated me as if I’m a small kid, a 15 year-old kid? Who’s going to listen to me? Let me make this clear once and for all. I do have my great priority thinking, great understanding between adults and teenagers and I know how pragmatic society works.

If judging by age, it is not the clear statement, which adults should have in mind as such, is the wrong concept of thinking. Many people said that experience counts and yes, I do agree. But this does not match with the concept that experience and age should be equivalent towards a person judgment. Somehow, in unexplainable words, teenagers have the ‘thinking’ like an adult.

It may all seems confused for people like you. I know what adults are usually thinking, and don’t ask me how or why, because I have the instincts or knowledge to know what adults are thinking.

Somehow, teenagers and youths have great potential in doing things, such as fighting for their rights. You should know that rebellion from teenagers and youths has increased tremendously in the past few years. Such cases are like rioting, argument between teachers or adults, lying, fighting, quarreling, and other forms of inappropriate behaviors and actions.

2 Causes could only cause this outcome, which is either ‘lack of trust and faith in youths or teenagers’ or ‘being condemn till changed’, if not worse that is neither both. Firstly, adults usually have great enticement by having distrust on their children or teenagers. This caused great miscommunication and distrust towards both parties due to lack of trust and faith, thus youths think that adults don’t trust them, who will? Answer is simple, teenagers understand each other, and thus they hang out outside frequently more than staying at home and trying to talk out their feelings with their parents. I usually know adults hate admitting mistakes especially in front of their children and thus, this led to great misunderstanding and further tension rose.

The other cause is ‘condemnation’. Parents always condemn their children no matter what they do. Take for an example, when a child failed their exam badly, at least 85% of their parents would be angry and start to admonish their child “Why didn’t you get well for your paper?” ‘Why’ here ‘Why’ that. Thus, children felt disappointment instead of encouragement. Parents should encourage them to do better instead of reprimanding the child. It’s not as if the child wanted to fail badly. Children hence felt that studying was worthless, and futile because they knew that their parents wanted more from them no matter how well they do and thus led to further tension. Greediness will take to tension, remember that.

I’m not saying teenagers are not at fault too, but then mostly the problems lies with the adults and adults should not put the blame on children but only on themselves, with the lack of anticipation of adult’s encouragement and trust, teenagers would get out of hand and even further tension would rose.

No comments: